“If ISIS Was Behind Las Vegas Shooting, There’s a Terrifying Reason It Won’t Prove It Yet,” by Tom O’Connor, Newsweek, October 9, 2017 (thanks to David):
Authorities continue to doubt that the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) was behind last week’s massacre in Las Vegas, despite the jihadists’ persistent claims the shooter acted on their behalf. According to one leading expert’s analysis, however, the conflicting narratives might be playing straight into ISIS’s hands.
Despite digging deep into Stephen Paddock’s background, investigators have struggled to understand what drove the 64-year-old man, who described himself as a “professional gambler,” to slaughter 58 people and injure hundreds more when he opened fire on crowds attending a country music concert from his 32nd-floor hotel room in Las Vegas. Nothing so far has reportedly led them to believe ISIS’s claim that Paddock converted to Islam and acted as “a soldier” of the group’s self-styled caliphate, leaving observers wondering why the global militant group would risk making such an outlandish, intentionally false allegation.
The answer could lie in a larger plot to exploit the U.S.’s already eroding trust in its leadership.
“If Islamic State did indeed cultivate Paddock, as it has claimed was the case, the group surely has some evidence of its engagements with him. If it does, it may be the case the group is waiting on FBI and other agencies to dismiss its claim of responsibility for the Las Vegas attack before posting contradictory evidence online for the world to see,” terrorism analyst Michael S. Smith II tells Newsweek.
“Islamic State has been very focused on undermining confidence among civilians in the West that their technologically-superior governments are competent managers of our collective security,” he adds….
Police: Muslim Arkansas officer Wisam Algburi fired, threatens to ‘blow up’ police academy
Jihad Watch reports:
Black River Technical College in Pocahontas is on high alert after a former cop threatened to blow up the Law Enforcement Training Academy.
Lieutenant Tony Saylors with the BRTC Police Department said they are beefing up security on campus.
“We have a lot of extra officers in and around the place, a lot more of the city’s participation with this situation and the county is also providing officers at different times,” Saylors said.
Region 8 News reported that Wisam Algburi was arrested and charged with terroristic threatening on Friday.
He was a training academy student but was dismissed from the school on Friday.
Algburi has since bonded out of jail. That’s why the college is taking extra security precautions.
Teachers, staff, and faculty are keeping their doors locked. Police have also asked students to keep their eyes peeled for anything suspicious.
“Keep your eyes open, everybody was provided with a photo of him and they need to give someone a holler or immediately call 911 if he is seen,” Saylors said. “Anytime you have a student that is expelled, they are angry and nowadays, you can’t take a chance because you don’t know what that person is going to do.”
Marion Police Chief, Gary Kelley, said on Monday that Algburi has since been fired from the police department.”
The Islamic State doubled down again on the Las Vegas massacre on Thursday. ISIS claims Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock converted to Islam six months ago.
Radical Muslims on Social Media call the shooter “Brother Steve Paddock,” “O’ Lion of Tawhid,’ – Read link: Muslims on Social Media: “Brother Steve Paddock,” “O’ Lion of Tawhid, “Oh Crusaders We Are Everywhere Soon Is the Next!”
Sheriff Joe Lombardo: “Did this person get radicalized unbeknownst to us? And we want to identify that source”
During a press conference tonight, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said that the Las Vegas mass murderer, Stephen Paddock, may have been “radicalized” and that authorities were attempting to uncover the source of his radicalization.
On Monday ISIS took responsibility for the attack. And in a rare move released a follow-up statement to say Paddock had converted to Islam in recent months
Here is the Islamic State’s latest message:
In response to the call of the commander of the faithful Muslims (Abu Bakr Al Baghdade Al husseini Al Qurashi – God bless him-) targeting the crusader alliance and after careful monitoring of the crusader gatherings in the city of Las Vegas in the United States, a soldier of the caliphate (abu Abd El Bar) – May God accept him – equipped with a machine gun and ammunition varied in a hotel overlooking the concert and fired at a crowd of them, including 600 between killed and wounded in until the Soulja ammunition was finished and he became a martyr. As I lot and his messenger and the believers believe, but most people do not know
- ISIS provides proof of Vegas claim, “careful monitoring of the crusader gathering” and other facts you do not know
- Islamic State (ISIS) Takes Responsbility for Las Vegas Terror Attack, Calls Stephen Paddock ‘a Soldier of the Islamic State’
Edmonton terror attack: Chaos in Canada as cops stabbed by man with ISIS flag and pedestrians ploughed into during terror attack
The cop was sent flying 15ft into the air and knifed ‘several times’ by the attacker who fled on foot
The Sun reported:
A POLICE officer was stabbed and terrified pedestrians mowed down during a terror attack in Canada.
The 30-year-old rammed a van into a police car sending the officer flying 15ft into the air.
He then jumped out the car and knifed the cop “several times” and fled on foot as a dramatic manhunt was launched.
Police chased down the attacker as he drove through the packed out streets in downtown Edmonton.
He then ploughed into four pedestrians leaving them with multiple injuries before he was arrested after flipping the van on to its side.
Edmonton Police Chief Rod Knecht said the incidents are being investigated “as an act of terror” and that the attacker acted alone.
The rented van had an ISIS flag in the front seat, he confirmed.
In 40 years, Europe will be Muslim majority, especially France. If Islamic terrorism is becoming a yearly norm in France, imagine when Muslims become majority and shariah law will rule the Parliament ( a Muslim French President? ), the police and schools. Europe is dead and there is no hope.
TIMELINE OF TERROR: ATTACKS IN FRANCE SINCE 2012
- March, 2012 – Mohamed Merah, an al Qaeda-inspired gunman, kills seven people in three separate shootings in Toulouse. Victims included three soldiers of North African origin, a rabbi and his two young children.
- December, 2014 – A man shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is greatest) injures 13 by ramming a vehicle into a crowd in the eastern city of Dijon. Prime Minister Manuel Valls says France has ‘never before faced such a high threat linked to terrorism’.
- January, 2015 – Two brothers kill 12 people inside the Paris offices of magazine Charlie Hebdo in a supposed retaliation for the publication’s cartoons of Prophet Muhammad. More are killed subsequently in attacks on a kosher market in eastern Paris and on police. There are 17 victims in all, including two police officers. The attackers are killed.
- June, 2015 – Frenchman Yassin Salhi, 35, kills and beheads his boss and displays the severed head, surrounded by two Islamic flags, on the fence of a gas plant in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier in southeastern France. He tries to blow up the factory, but is arrested. He commits suicide in jail in December.
- November 2015 – ISIS militants kill 130 people in France’s worst atrocity since World War II. A series of suicide bomb and shooting attacks are launched on crowded sites in central Paris, as well as the northern suburb of Saint-Denis. ISIS claim responsibility. It leads to the declaration of a state of emergency in France. Police powers are expanded.
- January, 2016 – A man wielding a meat cleaver and carrying an ISIS emblem is shot dead as he tries to attack a police station in Paris. Convicted of theft in 2013, the man identified himself at the time as Moroccan-born Sallah Ali.
- June, 2016 – Two French police officers are murdered in their home in front of their 3-year-old son. ISIS claims responsibility for the slaying, carried out by a jihadist with a prior terrorist conviction. He is killed at the scene.
- July, 2016 – Amid Bastille Day celebrations in the Riviera city of Nice, a large truck is driven into a festive crowd. Some 86 people from a wide variety of countries are killed. The driver is shot dead. ISIS again claim responsibility for the attack. The state of emergency in France is extended.
- July, 2016 – Less than two weeks later, attackers slit the throat of a priest in a hostage-taking at his church in the Normandy town of Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray.
- February, 2017 – A man armed with a machete is shot five times outside the Louvre museum after attempting to storm the historic art gallery.
- March, 2017 – Convicted criminal with links to radical Islam shouted ‘I am here to die for Allah, there will be deaths’ seconds before he was shot dead during an attack at Orly airport.
- June, 2017 – An Algerian man, 40, who had pledged allegiance to ISIS attacks a policeman with a hammer outside Notre Dame cathedral.
- August, 2017 – A mentally ill 18-year-old is arrested at the Eiffel Tower after brandishing a knife and shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is Greatest). He later told investigators he wanted to kill a soldier.
- September 2017 – French soldiers shot and a killed a man after he stabbed to death two women at Marseille’s main train station.
TERROR IN MARSEILLE! JIHADIST SLIT WOMAN’S THROAT, STABBED TWO TO DEATH BEFORE KILLED BY FRENCH SOLDIERS
( Daily Mail ) A man shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ has stabbed two women to death with a butcher’s knife before being gunned down by soldiers in Marseille.
The victims, aged 17 and 20, suffered horrific injuries during the ‘frenzied’ attack, with one slashed in the throat and the other stabbed in the chest and stomach.
Eyewitnesses told how a man ‘dressed in black’ launched himself at the two women, who screamed for their lives as others ran for safety.
The assailant was gunned down by soldiers who were on patrol inside Saint Charles train station at the time as part of France’s ongoing state of emergency.
A police source said the suspect was known to authorities for common law crimes and analysis of their fingerprints came up with several aliases.
Anti-terror officials said they were investigating ‘links to a terrorist organisation’ and the ‘attempted killing of a public official’, the identity of which is currently unknown.
Photographs from the scene showed a woman lying on the ground and armed police standing over the attacker. A white sheet was later placed over his body.