Obama’s former Attorney General Eric Holder blasted President Donald Trump’s demand to investigate possible federal meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign as “dangerous” and “democracy threatening” in a message posted Monday afternoon.
Trump demand for DOJ investigation is dangerous/democracy threatening. DOJ response is disappointing.There is no basis/no predicate for an http://inquiry.It ’s time to stand for time honored DOJ independence.That separation from White House is a critical part of our system.
On Sunday, President Trump took to Twitter to demand that the Justice Department investigate politically-motivated spying on his campaign.
“I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes – and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!” the President said Sunday.
“If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action,” Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein said after ordering the Justice Department watchdog to probe whether the FBI’s counterintelligence operation against the Trump campaign was tainted by political bias.
- Stefan Halper, an academic China scholar, was recommended for Asian ambassador post by a man who is now Mr. Trump’s top trade adviser, Peter Navarro, according to Axios.
Victor Morton – The Washington Times – Updated: 6:37 p.m. on Monday, May 21, 2018
The man who reportedly was an informant for the FBI within Donald Trump’s presidential campaign also sought a permanent position within a Trump administration, Axios reported Monday.
Stefan Halper, an academic China scholar, was recommended for such a post by a man who is now Mr. Trump’s top trade adviser, Peter Navarro, according to Axios.
According to Axios, Mr. Navarro told the incoming administration during the transition period that Mr. Halper, among about a dozen other people, should be considered for an Asian ambassadorship. The two men already knew each other.
Citing “a source briefed on their interactions,” Axios said Mr. Halper was a willing partner, pitching himself for an envoy post. And, Axios wrote, Mr. Halper valso visited the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in August 2017 for a China-related meeting.
Mr. Trump and Rep. Devin Nunes, California Republican and intelligence committee chairman, have both accused the FBI of planting an informant or “spy” within the Trump campaign. Several news outlets have confirmed such a person, though some have not identified him.
The Daily Caller and the Wall Street Journal have both named the person as Mr. Halper, which does not directly contradict the profile drawn by other news outlets such as the Washington Post and the New York Times.
However, the White House downplayed the report to Axios, saying that “recommending outside policy experts for roles within the administration is a pretty typical and routine action for White House officials.”
Click to Read More
Rep. Gaetz Drops Bombshell: ‘White House Not Yet Fully Informed Regarding The Extent The Intel Was Collected’
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) dropped a bombshell on Fox News Monday afternoon.
“The White House is not yet fully informed regarding the extent to which intelligence was collected on the Trump campaign.”
Gaez also said we need a second special counsel to investigate the FBI’s spy campaign and called on President Trump to declassify pertinent documents immediately.
DOJ to look into possible ‘impropriety’ after Trump demands probe on alleged campaign ‘infiltration’
( Fox News ) The Justice Department asked its watchdog to look into any alleged “impropriety or political motivation” in the FBI’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, the DOJ said Sunday night — hours after President Trump ordered a review looking into whether federal agents infiltrated or surveilled his campaign for political purposes.
“I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes — and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!” the president tweeted.
Federal records show FBI ‘Informant’ Stefan Halper used by Obama administration to spy on Trump was paid $282,000 in 2016 — and another $129,280 in 2017. He was paid a total of $411,575 in 2016 and 2017 for work with the US government that included spying on the Trump campaign.
Tweets by Jacob Wohl and Deplorable Lori :
- HUGE! Federal Records reveal that Obama, Clapper and Brennan Paid Stefan Halper $282,295 to SPY ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN!
- Jacob I found a second payment to Stefan Halper for $129,280 on July 26 2017
TRUMP ORDERS DOJ TO INVESTIGATE SPYING ON HIS CAMPAIGN BY OBAMA ADMIN ==> Sunday Tweetstorm Blasts Witch Hunt, Criminal Podesta Brothers, Crooked Hillary
Donald J. Trump
I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes – and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!
President Donald Trump Sunday Tweetstorm:
- If the FBI or DOJ was infiltrating a campaign for the benefit of another campaign, that is a really big deal. Only the release or review of documents that the House Intelligence Committee (also, Senate Judiciary) is asking for can give the conclusive answers. Drain the Swamp!
- Things are really getting ridiculous. The Failing and Crooked (but not as Crooked as Hillary Clinton) @nytimes has done a long & boring story indicating that the World’s most expensive Witch Hunt has found nothing on Russia & me so now they are looking at the rest of the World!
- At what point does this soon to be $20,000,000 Witch Hunt, composed of 13 Angry and Heavily Conflicted Democrats and two people who have worked for Obama for 8 years, STOP! They have found no Collussion with Russia, No Obstruction, but they aren’t looking at the corruption in the Hillary Clinton Campaign where she deleted 33,000 Emails, got $145,000,000 while Secretary of State, paid McCabes wife $700,000 (and got off the FBI hook along with Terry M) and so much more. Republicans and real Americans should start getting tough on this Scam.
- Now that the Witch Hunt has given up on Russia and is looking at the rest of the World, they should easily be able to take it into the Mid-Term Elections where they can put some hurt on the Republican Party. Don’t worry about Dems FISA Abuse, missing Emails or Fraudulent Dossier!
- What ever happened to the Server, at the center of so much Corruption, that the Democratic National Committee REFUSED to hand over to the hard charging (except in the case of Democrats) FBI? They broke into homes & offices early in the morning, but were afraid to take the Server?
- And why hasn’t the Podesta brother been charged and arrested, like others, after being forced to close down his very large and successful firm? Is it because he is a VERY well connected Democrat working in the Swamp of Washington, D.C.?
( Daily Caller ) Former Director of Intelligence James Clapper said Thursday night on CNN that it was “a good thing” there was an FBI informant spying on the Trump campaign.
Clapper admitted the FBI “may have had someone who was talking to them in the campaign,” referring to President Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. He explained away the possibility of an FBI informant spying on the campaign as the bureau was trying to find out “what the Russians were doing to try to substantiate themselves in the campaign or influence or leverage it.”
Obama’s Director of National Intelligence then went on to say, “So, if there was someone that was observing that sort of thing, that’s a good thing.”
He also stated he believes “it’s hugely dangerous if someone like that is exposed because the danger to that person” and the potential “reluctance of others to be informants for the FBI” could possibly devastate the FBI.