National Security Council

OBAMA PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY HOLDS SUSAN RICE NSC ‘UNMASKING’ DOCUMENTS, WON’T BE AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC

Posted on

The real collusion! Judicial Watch today announced that the National Security Council (NSC) on May 23, 2017, informed it by letter that the materials regarding the unmasking by Obama National Security Advisor Susan Rice of “the identities of any U.S. citizens associated with the Trump presidential campaign or transition team” were removed government possession.

 

Conveniently, documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library and won’t be available to the public for the next five years.

 

Via Judicial Watch:

The NSC will not fulfill an April 4 Judicial Watch request for records regarding information relating to people “who were identified pursuant to intelligence collection activities.”

The agency also informed Judicial Watch that it would not turn over communications with any Intelligence Community member or agency concerning the alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election; the hacking of DNC computers; or the suspected communications between Russia and Trump campaign/transition officials. Specifically, the NSC told Judicial Watch:

Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library.  You may send your request to the Obama Library.  However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office.

 

President of Judicial Watch, Tom Fitton had this to say about the breaking news, “Prosecutors, Congress, and the public will want to know when the National Security Council shipped off the records about potential intelligence abuses by the Susan Rice and others in the Obama White House to the memory hole of the Obama Presidential Library. We are considering our legal options but we hope that the Special Counsel and Congress also consider their options and get these records.”

Read the full report by Judicial Watch here.

TRUMP SURROUNDED BY 60% OF OBAMA APPOINTEES AT NATL. SECURITY COUNCIL – NEEDS SERIOUS HOUSE CLEANING!

Posted on

  • ANATOMY OF THE LEAK ACCORDING TO FORMER CIA FRED FLEIZ: “I understand there was something called a memcon, a memo of conversation, that was written on it, and I suspect that that document may have reached people in these various agencies who had been put in place, promoted by the Obama administration, they’re Obama loyalists, and they’re just aching for information that they can use to undermine this president,” he said.
  • Major problem for the Trump administration is that there is no budget to bring in new people at the NSC until September, when the new fiscal year starts, the White House source said.

 

 

From Breitbart:

A White House source estimates more than 60 percent of employees at the National Security Council are not Trump administration appointees, but career officials who were appointed to the White House from other agencies under the Obama administration.

The source said there are “whole departments” at the NSC with only one Trump appointee.

“I think the lesson here is that these things are going to continue to happen until the Trump White House does a serious housecleaning,” said Fred Fleitz, a former CIA and Bush administration official.

“Now under civil service rules, it’s difficult to fire them and I’m not sure they should be fired, but they can be reassigned. And people who are going to promote the president’s policies rather than undermine them — he needs to put those people in place,” he added.

The White House did not respond immediately to a request for comment on whether it would reassign or appoint new NSC officials anytime soon.

…Fleitz believes it is those career officials assigned to the NSC under Obama who leaked Trump’s conversation with Russian officials to former Obama officials and media outlets.

“I understand there was something called a memcon, a memo of conversation, that was written on it, and I suspect that that document may have reached people in these various agencies who had been put in place, promoted by the Obama administration, they’re Obama loyalists, and they’re just aching for information that they can use to undermine this president,” he said.

“At the NSC, there’s no confirmation process, people can be let go immediately, and new people can be brought in,” he added.

But a major problem for the Trump administration is that there is no budget to bring in new people at the NSC until September, when the new fiscal year starts, the White House source said.

But compounding the problem is that there are also hundreds of political positions currently unfilled at departments that interface with the NSC, such as State and Defense.

 

Read more: How to Plug Leaks?Trump Under Siege: More than 60 Percent of NSC Employees Placed by Obama Administration