Federal Judge Delays Sentencing For General Mike Flynn AGAIN
The Los Angeles Times reported:
As part of Flynn’s plea deal, he agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors and his sentencing has been delayed. The special counsel’s office and Flynn’s lawyers recently asked the probation office to prepare a pre-sentence report, a standard step that normally involves an investigation into a convicted criminal’s background to document extenuating circumstances that might lessen the sentence, or a criminal history to justify a heavier sentence.
U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan called for the hearing to determine why the court shouldn’t follow its standard practice of preparing a report and scheduling a sentencing date at the same time. The probation office is already overworked, Sullivan said Tuesday.
Flynn’s lawyers and prosecutors agreed to delay preparation of the pre-sentence report, although Flynn’s lead attorney, Robert Kelner, emphasized that he hopes to move quickly toward resolution.
“Gen. Flynn is eager to proceed … when that is possible,” he told the judge.
By Jeff Mordock – The Washington Times – Updated: 5:55 p.m. on Tuesday, July 10, 2018
A federal judge Tuesday ordered former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort to be relocated to a jail in Alexandria, Virginia.
Judge T. S. Ellis III, who is overseeing Mr. Manafort’s Virginia case said the move was necessary so he can more easily communicate with his lawyers.
Mr. Manafort is currently incarcerated to the Northern Neck Jail, which is about two hours away from his Washington, D.C.-based attorneys.
Judge Ellis said Mr. Manafort must be moved to “ensure the defendant has access to his counsel and can adequately prepare his defense.”
The request to relocate Mr. Manafort was one of several motions made last week by his attorneys. They also asked for the trial be moved until the fall and relocated to Roanoke, Virginia, arguing Northern Virginia “skews left” too much for Mr. Manafort to receive a fair trial.
FBI Director James Comey and former acting Attorney General Sally Yates targeted General Flynn with a counterintel investigation ONE YEAR before his December 2016 phone call to Russian Ambassador Kislyak during the Trump transition.
- Former National Security Advisor Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn plead guilty to one count of lying to the FBI, despite evidence and admissions from senior FBI officials that he did not lie.
- New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik: “That was the purpose of forcing him into the plea… to avoid a review of discovery. They never anticipated this information would become public.”
- Chuck Grassley: “According to that agent’s contemporaneous notes, Director Comey specifically told us during that briefing that the FBI agents who interviewed Lt. General Michael Flynn, “saw nothing that led them to believe [he was] lying.”
- “McCabe was apparently trying to find a reason, any reason, to make it look like Flynn was lying. But the truth of the matter is – no one thought he lied, not even the agent that hated Trump.”
From Sara Carter:
The chairman of the powerful Senate Judiciary Committee is demanding that the Department of Justice and FBI adhere to requests made over a year ago and turn over all documentation associated with the bureau’s investigation into former National Security Advisor Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn. Flynn, who plead guilty to one count of lying to the FBI, despite evidence and admissions from senior FBI officials that he did not lie.
Grassley requested that FBI Special Agent Joe Pientka, who was with Strzok during his White House interview on Jan. 24, 2017, be made available “for a transcribed interview with Committee staff no later than one week following the production of the requested documents.”
The committee also had a “non-partisan law enforcement officer who was present,” during the interview with Flynn Grassley revealed in the letter.
“The agent was on detail to the Committee staff at the time,” Grassley stated. “According to that agent’s contemporaneous notes, Director Comey specifically told us during that briefing that the FBI agents who interviewed Lt. General Michael Flynn, “saw nothing that led them to believe [he was] lying.” Our own Committee staff’s notes indicate that Mr. Comey said the “agents saw no change in his demeanor or tone that would say he was being untruthful.”
According to numerous law enforcement officials I’ve spoken to over the past year, neither Strzok or Pientka believed Flynn was lying during their interview with him, as reported.
“There’s a lot these agents can reveal about that day and what (former FBI Deputy Director Andrew) McCabe’s role was in all of it,” said a U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the matter. “McCabe was apparently trying to find a reason, any reason, to make it look like Flynn was lying. But the truth of the matter is – no one thought he lied, not even the agent that hated Trump.”
Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik believes Mueller was pressing Michael Flynn to take a plea deal so the Special Counsel would not be caught in their lies and corruption
( Daily Caller ) Special Counsel Robert Mueller has requested a delay in former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s sentencing, according to a Wednesday report.
The news comes as attorneys for Flynn as well as the special counsel’s office told a federal court Wednesday night that they were both not ready to finalize a date for Flynn’s sentencing hearing after he was charged for making false statements to the FBI in early December, CNN reported.
The special counsel was going to present an updated report on Flynn’s case to court Thursday, but Flynn and the special counsel have agreed on a delay, pushing the sentencing back to May 1. (RELATED: BREAKING: Michael Flynn Charged With Making False Statements To The FBI)
Flynn, a retired lieutenant general, pleaded guilty to the charges at a plea hearing in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 12. Flynn “willfully and knowingly” lied to FBI agents during a Jan. 24 interview in which he was asked about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, according to court document.
Read more: Mueller Requests Delay In Flynn Sentencing
FAKE! WHISTLEBLOWER CLAIMING MIKE FLYNN SENT TEXT ABOUT ENDING RUSSIA SANCTIONS WAS LYING, SHOWS AT&T PHONE RECORDS
FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER! A whistleblower claiming to have been privy to text messages about ending Russia sanctions, exchanged between ACU Strategic Partners official, Alex Copson, and then-incoming National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, appears to have been lying. According to AT&T phone records, Copson did not get any text message from Flynn that day.
In an account provided to Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) in June — but made public only last week — the whistleblower said Alex Copson, a top official at ACU Strategic Partners, bragged on Inauguration Day about his relationship with Flynn, at one point flipping around his phone to reveal the text about the deal to build nuclear plants across the Middle East.
The whistleblower also said Copson said sanctions against Russia would be “ripped up” to make room for the deal.
But in a letter to Cummings dated Friday, Thomas Cochran, a top ACU official, said the whistleblower’s account was inaccurate, attaching AT&T phone records that he said show Copson did not get a text from Flynn that day. […]
He said that text was from a friend who attended the same function where the whistleblower claimed to witness Copson’s boasting.
“The only text message Mr. Copson received on Inauguration Day came at 1:49 p.m.,” Cochran wrote.
“Since Mr. Copson did not receive a text message from General Flynn during the Inauguration, other allegations of the ‘whistleblower’ are equally false and unfounded,” wrote Cochran added.
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe boasted to a crowded conference room “Fuck Flynn and then we fuck Trump.”
( True Pundit ) Here we go again, the mainstream media re-packaging ‘news’ True Pundit broke months ago. In this case, ten months.
That’s approximately 300 days.
You may recall True Pundit’s story on March 7 where we were the first and only to report FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe boasted to a crowded conference room “Fuck Flynn and then we fuck Trump.”
From the True Pundit article entitled EXCLUSIVE: FBI’s Own Political Terror Plot; Deputy Director and FBI Brass Secretly Conspired to Wage Coup Against Flynn & Trump:
Mere days before Gen. Michael Flynn was sacked as national security advisor, FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe gathered more than a dozen of his top FBI disciples to plot how to ruin Flynn’s aspiring political career and manufacture evidence to derail President Donald Trump, according to FBI sources.
McCabe, the second highest ranking FBI official, emphatically declared at the invite-only gathering with raised voice: “Fuck Flynn and then we Fuck Trump,” according to direct sources. Many of his top lieutenants applauded and cheered such rhetoric. A scattered few did not.
This was one of several such meetings held in seclusion among key FBI leaders since Trump was elected president, FBI sources confirm. At the congregation where McCabe went off the political rails and vowed to destroy Flynn and Trump, there were as many as 16 top FBI officials, inside intelligence sources said. No lower-level agents or support personnel were present.
If you are among the millions of Americans who have pondered in recent months whether the Obama-era “Deep State” intelligence apparatus and FBI are working for or against Trump, this is the first definitive proof that the country’s once-premiere law enforcement agency has gone rogue.
The non-elected hierarchy that steer the FBI have declared war on President Trump and his White House inner circle. Make no mistake.
The media’s Russia probe meltdown: 3 screw-ups in one week
- Flynn’s testimony: Last Friday, ABC News reported that former national security advisor Michael Flynn was prepared to testify that President Trump, while still a candidate, directed him to contact Russian officials. But later in the day, the network issued a “clarification” that the direction came when Trump was president-elect. That changed the impact of the story entirely as it’s a common occurrence for presidential transition teams to reach out to foreign governments.
- Deutsche Bank subpoena: Reuters and Bloomberg both reported on Tuesday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for information on accounts relating to President Trump and his family members — seemingly confirming that Mueller had expanded his probe to investigate the president’s financial dealings. The WSJ defused that bombshell in a follow-up report stating that the subpoenas actually dealt with “people or entities close to Mr. Trump.”
- WikiLeaks emails: CNN reported this morning that senior Trump campaign officials, including Trump himself, received an email from an unknown sender on September 4, 2016 that linked them to what could have been unreleased WikiLeaks documents. WaPo issued their own report later in the afternoon that the email was actually sent on September 14 — and linked to a trove of documents that WikiLeaks had publicly released a day earlier.
Read more: THREE BIG MEDIA SCREW-UPS IN WEEK