memo

NYT MICHAEL SCHMIDT PUNKED AMERICA! ADMITS NEVER SAW JAMES COMEY MEMO HE REPORTED

Posted on

 

Michael Schmidt, the New York Times “journalist, on so-called Comey memo to fake news anchor Brian Williams: “Someone that had seen [the memo] had recounted details to me.

America got punked by this NYT squirrel Michael Schmidt with his James Comey memo, although you can’t blame him when it’s the entire media from both sides who decided to ignore the most crucial part of his story: the memo was recounted to Schmidt over the phone a Comey associate, the memo was never verified, never seen or read by him, but being a Trump hit piece, that’s all that matters.

 

GotNews reports:

Schmidt has been called out for getting a story wildly wrong before thanks to his anonymous sources. Schmidt, citing his anonymous federal law enforcement sources, claimed that one of the San Bernardino terrorists had talked about jihad openly. She didn’t.

His boss even reprimanded him and called for “systematic changes” to the way Schmidt and Carlos Slim’s blog use anonymous sources.

. . .

Schmidt’s open admissions on MSNBC confirm GotNews reporting Wednesday that Schmidt hasn’t in fact seen the relevant Comey documents.

 

 

SENATE ASKS JAMES COMEY TO TESTIFY NEXT WEDNESDAY, HAND OVER SO-CALLED MEMO

Posted on

 

Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) announced that former FBI Director, James Comey was asked to testify in a hearing next Wednesday at 9:30 AM EST. The committee also requested that Andrew McCabe, the acting F.B.I. director, hand over any related documents prepared by Mr. Comey about his communications with senior officials from the White House and Justice Department regarding the Russia investigation — including the so-called Comey memo.

The New York Times reported that McCabe was also asked to hand over any related documents including the ‘Comey memo’:

The Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday invited Mr. Comey to testify in both open and closed-door hearings, offering him the opportunity to address reports Mr. Trump asked him to scuttle the investigation into Mr. Flynn.

The committee also requested that Andrew McCabe, the acting F.B.I. director, hand over any related documents prepared by Mr. Comey about his communications with senior officials from the White House and Justice Department regarding the Russia investigation — including the so-called Comey memo.

 

RICHARD BURR: ‘THE BURDEN IS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES TO PROVE COMEY MEMO READ OVER THE PHONE IS REAL’

Posted on

Then-FBI Director James Comey met with President Donald Trump in the Oval Office on February 14, and reportedly wrote afterward in a memo that the president asked him to abandon a federal probe into disgraced former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn

 

  • Richard Burr: ‘I could write something and I could read it over the phone and tell them that it came from him. I think the burden is on The New York Times, if they’re reporting it and they’ve got somebody that’s got the document, they need to get the document and get it released.’

 

The Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Tuesday that he is skeptical about reports that ousted FBI Director James Comey took detailed notes about his February meeting with President Donald Trump.

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr told reporters, reacting to a New York Times story that said Trump asked Comey to shut down his probe into former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn’s Russia ties.

Burr said Comey had already shared copious amounts of information with his committee about the FBI’s investigation into Russian interference with last year’s election – and met with him personally the day before Trump fired him – but the existence of a memo that an FBI source described to a Times reporter never came up.

‘I could write something and I could read it over the phone and tell them that it came from him,’ Burr said. ‘I think the burden is on The New York Times, if they’re reporting it and they’ve got somebody that’s got the document, they need to get the document and get it released.’

Read more: Senate Intelligence Committee chairman is skeptical about Comey memo as he says ‘the burden is on The New York Times’ to prove it’s real

JAMES COMEY COULD BE PROSECTED IF MEMO IS REAL AND DID NOT REPORT TO DOJ ALLEGED TRUMP’S ‘OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE’

Posted on

  • Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361)

 

FOX News legal expert Gregg Jarrett revealed last Tuesday that if James Comey did not inform DOJ on any attempt of obstruction of  justice, even by a president, but held onto a memo of the president asking him to end an investigation then Comey could be prosecuted.

 

FOX News reported:

Three months ago, the then-FBI Director met with President Trump. Following their private conversation, Comey did what he always does –he wrote a memorandum to himself memorializing the conversation. Good lawyers do that routinely.

Now, only after Comey was fired, the memo magically surfaces in an inflammatory New York Times report which alleges that Mr. Trump asked Comey to end the Michael Flynn investigation.

Those who don’t know the first thing about the law immediately began hurling words like “obstruction of justice”, “high crimes and misdemeanors” and “impeachment“. Typically, these people don’t know what they don’t know.

Here is what we do know.

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

 

JASON CHAFFETZ WANTS TO SUBPOENA JAMES COMEY MEMO – “IF IT EXISTS”

Posted on

  •  Jason Chaffetz “is going to get the Comey memo, if it exists. I have my subpoena pen ready”

 

House Oversight Committee Chair Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) on Tuesday said that he is ready to issue a subpoena for a memo that former FBI Director James Comey reportedly wrote documenting a request made by Donald Trump to shut down FBI’s investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Chaffetz tweeted that his panel “is going to get the Comey memo, if it exists.”

. is going to get the Comey memo, if it exists. I need to see it sooner rather than later. I have my subpoena pen ready.

 

NEW YORK TIMES USED UNVERIFIED, UNSEEN JAMES COMEY ‘MEMO’, SOURCE READ IT OVER THE PHONE…NICE EVIDENCE!

Posted on

  • New York Times source is “one of Mr. Comey’s associates,” who did not provide a copy of the memo but read it aloud on the telephone.

 

NYT used an unverified memo from one of James Comey’s associates as a source for their latest Trump hit piece. They did not see the memo and the source read it aloud over the phone.

The New York Times reported Tuesday evening that President Donald Trump had a private conversation with former FBI director James Comey in which the president allegedly expressed his “hope” that Comey would “let go” of the investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Trump told Comey, according to parts of the memo read to the New York Times. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

New York Times source is “one of Mr. Comey’s associates,” who did not provide a copy of the memo but read it aloud on the telephone.