What Was Going On With MGM Resorts In September?
Thomas Wictor on twitter says lawsuit is the reason why Las Vegas massacre story is confusing but lawsuits will force the truth out:
It’s all going to come out, because lawsuits will force it all out.
People are keeping their mouths shut in order to mitigate the legal damage.
THIS is why the story is so confusing.
The hotel will be sued, the city of Las Vegas will be sued, the gun stores will sued, and the gun MANUFACTURERS will be sued.
MGM has hired a crisis management team. The lawsuits are going to run into the hundreds of millions. As will the legal fees.
Paige Gasper,who was injured in the mass shooting in Las Vegas , filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against MGM Resorts International, the festival organizer and a company that makes ‘bump stocks’
Read more: Las Vegas Review Journal.
GEORGE SOROS SHORTED MGM SHARES, MGM CEO SOLD 80% OF HIS MGM SHARES WEEKS BEFORE VEGAS MASSACRE…GOOD TIMING?
- MGM’s CEO, James Murren, had divested himself of 80% of the shares he owned in his company early September.
- George Soros also bought $42 million worth of puts on the company, according to SEC filings from mid August.
by William Craddick, Disobedient Media:
On Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, the board of MGM Resorts International decided to approve a $1 billion share repurchase program. At a net worth of $17.7 billion today, the program represented a significant portion of its current market cap. By the end of the week, MGM’s CEO, James Murren, had coolly divested himself of 80% of the shares he owned in his company. The divestment came just days before the ex-dividend date on September 8th, 2017.
The sales were originally disclosed in a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Murren had previously divested 57,269 shares on July 31st and August 9th, 2017.
It’s currently unclear why Murren chose to sell when he did. To date, MGM’s stock has not experienced a significant decline in value due to the repurchasing program. As the CEO of MGM, it runs against the company’s interests to convey a sense of urgency in the selling personal stock of shares immediately after the announcement of my company’s share repurchase program. It’s also strange that the CEO of a company would sell more than half of their stake (let alone 80%) in the company that they represented.
Mr. Murren and his fellow board members were not the only speculators who were bearish on MGM’s prospects. Billionaire investor George Soros also bought $42 million worth of puts on the company, according to SEC filings from mid August.
That point being made, it needs to be asked why any profit-oriented CEO of any company would sell 80% of his personal stake in his own corporation, especially after he thought it was in the business’ best interest to initiate a massive share repurchase program which one would theoretically assume to reduce the number of shares in the company and increase the price of each share, ceteris peribus.
Why would the individual with the most information about the company sell 80% of his shares immediately after the commencement of a program that most would consider positive for the stock? Shouldn’t he want to hold on to his shares? Is there something he knew, that others didn’t, that lead to so much movement in such little time? What a week!
Report: FBI Wipes Phones & Laptops of Las Vegas Massacre Eyewitnesses
( Infowars ) Workers at the Route 91 festival during which Stephen Paddock unleashed his massacre have reportedly been given back their phones and laptops by the FBI only to discover that all messages and videos from the night of the attack have been wiped clean.
According to a Las Vegas resident who posted a status update on Facebook, “A bunch of people that worked the Route 91 said they got their cell phones back today. They all said that all their phones are completely wiped clean! All messages and info from that weekend are completely gone. Anyone else experience this?”
“A few different people who were vendors there are all saying the same thing,” the woman later comments.
Later in the thread, a Route 91 worker confirms the story, commenting, “Of course. It’s an active federal crime scene. They can wipe it clean. I was the beverage manager for the entire event. My laptop is wiped clean.”
HERO! U.S. ARMY MATTHEW COBOS SHIELDED WOMAN DURING VEGAS MASSACRE, RAN BACK INTO DANGER ZONE TO HELP MORE
( Daily Mail ) The mystery man at the center of one of the most haunting images from the Las Vegas massacre has been revealed as a young US Army soldier who bravely ran into the danger zone to help others.
Matthew Cobos was photographed on Sunday night lying on top of a young woman in an attempt to shield her from the barrage of bullets tearing through the air around them.
The powerful image quickly went viral as news spread that a gunman had opened fire on the 22,000 country music fans at the Route 91 Harvest festival.
Cobos and the young woman ended up on the ground when panicked concert-goers tried to escape the deadly gunfire pounding down on them as the gunman fired from across the street on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay casino.
Amidst the terror, Cobos tried to protect the woman by bravely shielding her body with his own.
DailyMail.com understand Cobos also covered the blonde woman’s eyes in a bid to stop her from seeing the carnage around them. The photo shows the moment his hand attempted to protect her face.
Moments later, Cobos and the woman got up and they ran to safety behind a nearby car.
When the photo first emerged, it wasn’t clear if the woman was dead or seriously injured. But the man who took it, Getty photographer David Becker, revealed on Tuesday that the couple had managed to run away seconds after the photo was snapped.
However, DailyMail.com has since learned that once Cobos got the woman to safety, he then ran back into the danger zone to help others who had been injured.
He is understood to have used his belt as a tourniquet to stop people bleeding and even put his finger in bullet holes of some who had been shot.
Read more: Mystery man pictured shielding a woman from Vegas gunfire with his own body is revealed to be a young US Army soldier who ran back into the danger zone and plugged other people’s bullet holes with his fingers