NFL: 49ers booed as they kneel, lost 5 consecutive games, former QB Kaepernick plans ‘collusion’ lawsuit
- Former San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick reportedly plans to file collusion grievance against NFL owners
- The San Francisco 49ers were booed and lost five consecutive games by three or fewer points.
The San Francisco 49ers were booed on Sunday at FedEx Field after seven players took a knee during the National Anthem. None of the Redskins players took a knee.
The 49ers went on to lose to the Redskins 26-24 making them 0-6. The 49ers are also the first team in NFL history to lose 5 games in a row by three points or less. OUCH!
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is planning to file a collusion grievance against NFL owners under the collective bargaining agreement, a source close to Kaepernick told USA Today’s Mike Jones.
- A lawsuit filed against Gov. Brian Sandoval by Dale Zusi, Vicki Delatorre and Sydney Gordon was filed Thursday in Clark County District Court.
- The lawsuit says the case “is about the refusal of the Governor of Nevada to discharge one of his most fundamental constitutional obligations — to see that the laws of this state are faithfully executed.”
CARSON CITY — A lawsuit has been filed against Gov. Brian Sandoval over the state’s failure to implement a private gun sale background check approved by voters in November 2016.
The lawsuit on behalf of Nevada residents Dale Zusi, Vicki Delatorre and Sydney Gordon was filed Thursday in Clark County District Court.
The lawsuit says the case “is about the refusal of the Governor of Nevada to discharge one of his most fundamental constitutional obligations — to see that the laws of this state are faithfully executed.”
The law requiring background checks on private sales has not been implemented because the state is unable to perform the checks based on the ballot language and the FBI has twice refused to conduct the checks.
Attorney General Adam Laxalt, who is also named in the lawsuit, said in a legal opinion on Thursday that Sandoval has the authority to again ask the FBI to perform the checks.
Attorneys for the background check ballot initiative said they informed the governor for months that he could start working with the FBI immediately to implement the background check law. Before last week’s mass shooting on the Las Vegas Strip, the attorneys said they set an Oct. 9 deadline for implementation that they would go to court if the law was not implemented.
The group Everytown for Gun Safety praised the decision to file the lawsuit.
Thomas Wictor on twitter says lawsuit is the reason why Las Vegas massacre story is confusing but lawsuits will force the truth out:
It’s all going to come out, because lawsuits will force it all out.
People are keeping their mouths shut in order to mitigate the legal damage.
THIS is why the story is so confusing.
The hotel will be sued, the city of Las Vegas will be sued, the gun stores will sued, and the gun MANUFACTURERS will be sued.
MGM has hired a crisis management team. The lawsuits are going to run into the hundreds of millions. As will the legal fees.
Paige Gasper,who was injured in the mass shooting in Las Vegas , filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against MGM Resorts International, the festival organizer and a company that makes ‘bump stocks’
Read more: Las Vegas Review Journal.
LAS VEGAS MASSACRE UPDATE: FBI GOT OVER 1,000 EVIDENCE, SHERIFF AND MGM SHARE TIMELINE AGREEMENT, FIRST LAWSUIT, MGM HIRES TOP CRISIS PR FIRM
FBI: Over 1,000 pieces of evidence have been collected in Las Vegas shooting investigation
They’ve conducted hundreds of interviews, run down over 2,000 leads, conducted an extensive review of digital media on multiple devices, analyzed about 1,000 pieces of evidence, reviewed hundreds of hours of video and completed over 1,800 victim questionnaires, Rouse said. . Read more – http://cbsn.ws/2wSDM8h
Sheriff Lombardo, MGM in agreement on latest Las Vegas shooting timeline
Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said at a Friday press conference that LVMPD and MGM Resorts are now in agreement on the timeline on the Oct. 1 mass shooting at Route 91 Harvest Festival on the Las Vegas Strip.
READ MORE → http://bit.ly/2ymViVm
MGM Resorts International has hired a leading crisis management firm
Las Vegas Review-Journal reports:
MGM Resorts International has hired a leading crisis management firm following the Oct. 1 shooting at one of its properties.
The casino operator selected New York-based corporate communications firm Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher to assist in responding to inquires from media and investors regarding the investigation into the Mandalay Bay shooting.
“Joele Frank is a top notch leading crisis PR firm. They are one of a handful of agencies with the deep strategic communications skills necessary to communicate effectively for MGM to consumers, the industry and shareholders,” said Torossian.
Woman files 1st lawsuit against MGM Resorts over Las Vegas shooting
Las Vegas Review Journal report:
A 21-year-old woman who was among the hundreds injured in a mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest festival has filed a lawsuit against MGM Resorts International.
Along with MGM Resorts, the complaint filed Tuesday in Clark County District Court names the estate of gunman Stephen Paddock, who fired into the festival crowd the night of Oct. 1, killing 58 concertgoers and injuring 489 others
Audio of Mandalay Bay engineer Stephen Schuck reporting the shooting:
( Daily Caller ) The conservative firebrand Milo Yiannopoulos has been victorious in the first round of his lawsuit against the book publishing giant Simon & Schuster, which he sued after they unceremoniously canceled his book, “Dangerous.” The publisher lost a motion to dismiss the $10 million lawsuit in a New York court on Thursday.
Earlier this year, Simon & Schuster severed its ties with Yiannopoulos after a video interview of the conservative provocateur emerged in which his detractors claim he endorsed sex with minors.
The company sent him a letter in February, telling him he could keep the $80,000 book advance he received for penning Dangerous, which he later published under his own company. Simon & Schuster said that when Yiannopoulos didn’t respond to the letter, the company considered it a representation of full satisfaction and discharge of their obligations under the publishing agreement.
Yiannopoulos disagreed with their view, and sued them for $10 million in May, accusing the company of breaching its agreement to publish the book over fear of repercussions from progressives.
- Black parking attendant to black cop: “Sorry, I can’t let you in. Cause you are a n*gger.”
( Lawnewz) A lieutenant with the City of New York Police Department (“NYPD”) has filed a lawsuit against the operator of the U.S. Open after a paid parking attendant called him a “nigger.”
The incident occurred on September 7, during the famous tennis competition held in the New York City borough of Queens.
According to the lawsuit, Lt. Tarik Sheppard was trying to drive his wife–who is employed by the U.S. Tennis Associatio–to her car from one side of the parking lot to another.
The lawsuit alleges that the parking attendant on duty said, “Sorry, I can’t let you in. Cause you are a nigger.”
Both Sheppard and Brown are black.
( Campus Reform ) Six “Dreamers” have filed a lawsuit challenging President Trump’s move to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
“This lawsuit gives Dreamers—the people most affected by the unconstitutional decision to end DACA—an opportunity to tell their own story and demand fairness from their government,” Public Counsel, a law firm representing the plaintiffs, wrote on its website.
“Public Counsel is honored to represent these fierce and resilient young people in their pursuit of justice!” the firm added.
According the firm’s press release, the lawsuit was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and claims that the federal government “perpetrated a cruel bait and switch” by asking illegal immigrants “to identify themselves in exchange for the protection to live and work in the United States.”
“The decision to end the DACA program is a broken promise and an unprecedented violation of the constitutional rights of Plaintiffs and other young people who relied on the federal government to honor that promise,” the lawsuit argues.
“This cruel bait and switch, which was motivated by unconstitutional bias against Mexicans and Latinos, violates the equal protection component of the Fifth Amendment, the due process rights of Plaintiffs and other DACA recipients, and federal law, including the Administrative Procedure Act,” it adds provocatively.
According to Public Counsel, the “Dreamers case” is “the first lawsuit from DACA beneficiaries, each of whom would face potentially devastating consequences from the termination of DACA.”
The lawsuit also takes a jab at Trump’s political communication strategies, arguing that the president has “a history of tweets, campaign speeches, debate responses, and other statements
Read more: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9804