What Was Going On With MGM Resorts In September?
What? No more any future press conferences?
Fox News reports:
“He is a victim in this and we don’t discuss victims,” Las Vegas Police Officer and Spokesman Larry Hadfield told Fox News on Tuesday.
Hadfield said the department is not planning on holding any future press conferences, absent the development of new details.
MGM Resorts International, the hotel’s parent company, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal: “Jesus Campos wants to tell his story at a time and place of his choosing. He’s asked that everyone respect his request for privacy. We could not be more proud of Jesus.” The newspaper suggested that based on that statement, MGM seems to know Campos’ whereabouts.
- UMC Quick Care spokesman told Fox News on Monday that they had “heard nothing” about Campos visiting any of their eight locations
- SPFPA union member got a text the night before saying Jesus Campos was taken to a UMC Quick Care facility
( Fox News ) The Mandalay Bay security guard who disappeared last week moments before he was scheduled to break his silence in television interviews has not been seen since he went to a walk-in health clinic, his union president said.
David Hickey of the Security, Police, and Fire Professionals of America (SPFPA) told reporters Friday that he got a text the night before saying Jesus Campos was taken to a UMC Quick Care facility, though he did not specify where or whom the text came from.
A spokesperson at the UMC Quick Care, which has eight locations throughout the Las Vegas area, told Fox News on Monday that they had “heard nothing” about Campos visiting them.
Multiple requests from Fox News for SPFPA to comment on the matter were not returned Monday.
Hickey said he was meeting with MGM officials Thursday afternoon in the hours before Campos’ scheduled television appearances, including one with Fox News.
But when the meeting ended, Campos had fled.
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) – “The loss of life and the injuries sustained, and amount of individuals involved, we are talking millions and millions of dollars, possibly hundreds of millions of dollars.”
That’s how much MGM might have to pay out to victims of the 1 October shooting, according to Michael Cristalli at the Law offices of Gentile Cristalli Miller Armeni Savarese.
We’ve already seen the first lawsuits, including class action lawsuits filed as a result of the shooting, and Cristalli said he is not surprised.
“The only thing that can be done is to try and make individuals whole is to file a lawsuit and seek monetary awards. Certainly it’s not going to put their loved ones back on earth or make them right completely, but it’s the only option they have,” he said.
According to Cristalli, MGM could have to pay every single person who was in attendance the night of the shooting, as well as the families of those who lost someone. The lawsuit will also take into account every person injured whether physically or mentally. The money, Cristalli said will be used for medical expenses, time victims had to take off work, future medical expenses, funerals and any emotional trauma caused.
“In a single case, damages could be in the millions and millions of dollars,” he said.
If a single cases could mean millions, that means MGM could be on the hook for not only the 546 injured, but those who are now emotionally scarred, meaning potentially tens of thousands of people.
“A company like MGM has massive amounts of liability coverage,” he explained. “They would be equipped as far as being able to cover the losses from these claims.”
As for whether or not MGM will go to court, or possibly settle out of court, Cristalli said that decision is a likely a long ways away, but added he doesn’t believe MGM will be backing down
- “For the past four days he’s been preparing … (Thursday) we had a meeting with MGM officials, and after that meeting was over, we talked about the interviews, we went to a private area, and when we came out, Mr. Campos was gone…he was taken to a “quick clinic.”
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) –
The Mandalay Bay security guard who police said was shot in the resort’s hallway by suspect Stephen Paddock the night of the 1 October shooting was expected to talk to reporters Thursday. Instead, his union representative said he hadn’t seen or heard from Campos in hours.
David Hickey is the president of the Security, Police, and Fire Professionals of America union. He said he had been working with Jesus Campos to help him get ready for his first media interviews.
But Hickey said during a meeting with MGM officials Thursday afternoon, Campos left and never came back.
“For the past four days he’s been preparing … (Thursday) we had a meeting with MGM officials, and after that meeting was over, we talked about the interviews, we went to a private area, and when we came out, Mr. Campos was gone.” Hickey said.
Hickey said it was Campos who had requested to do the interviews with the media, because he wanted to tell his story and begin to move on.
Hickey did say that he got a text Thursday night, saying Campos was taken to a “quick clinic.”
“Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is. It’s highly unusual. I’m hoping everything is OK with him and I’m sure MGM or the union will let (media) know when we hear something,” he said.
Thomas Wictor on twitter says lawsuit is the reason why Las Vegas massacre story is confusing but lawsuits will force the truth out:
It’s all going to come out, because lawsuits will force it all out.
People are keeping their mouths shut in order to mitigate the legal damage.
THIS is why the story is so confusing.
The hotel will be sued, the city of Las Vegas will be sued, the gun stores will sued, and the gun MANUFACTURERS will be sued.
MGM has hired a crisis management team. The lawsuits are going to run into the hundreds of millions. As will the legal fees.
Paige Gasper,who was injured in the mass shooting in Las Vegas , filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against MGM Resorts International, the festival organizer and a company that makes ‘bump stocks’
Read more: Las Vegas Review Journal.
GEORGE SOROS SHORTED MGM SHARES, MGM CEO SOLD 80% OF HIS MGM SHARES WEEKS BEFORE VEGAS MASSACRE…GOOD TIMING?
- MGM’s CEO, James Murren, had divested himself of 80% of the shares he owned in his company early September.
- George Soros also bought $42 million worth of puts on the company, according to SEC filings from mid August.
by William Craddick, Disobedient Media:
On Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, the board of MGM Resorts International decided to approve a $1 billion share repurchase program. At a net worth of $17.7 billion today, the program represented a significant portion of its current market cap. By the end of the week, MGM’s CEO, James Murren, had coolly divested himself of 80% of the shares he owned in his company. The divestment came just days before the ex-dividend date on September 8th, 2017.
The sales were originally disclosed in a document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Murren had previously divested 57,269 shares on July 31st and August 9th, 2017.
It’s currently unclear why Murren chose to sell when he did. To date, MGM’s stock has not experienced a significant decline in value due to the repurchasing program. As the CEO of MGM, it runs against the company’s interests to convey a sense of urgency in the selling personal stock of shares immediately after the announcement of my company’s share repurchase program. It’s also strange that the CEO of a company would sell more than half of their stake (let alone 80%) in the company that they represented.
Mr. Murren and his fellow board members were not the only speculators who were bearish on MGM’s prospects. Billionaire investor George Soros also bought $42 million worth of puts on the company, according to SEC filings from mid August.
That point being made, it needs to be asked why any profit-oriented CEO of any company would sell 80% of his personal stake in his own corporation, especially after he thought it was in the business’ best interest to initiate a massive share repurchase program which one would theoretically assume to reduce the number of shares in the company and increase the price of each share, ceteris peribus.
Why would the individual with the most information about the company sell 80% of his shares immediately after the commencement of a program that most would consider positive for the stock? Shouldn’t he want to hold on to his shares? Is there something he knew, that others didn’t, that lead to so much movement in such little time? What a week!
Report: FBI Wipes Phones & Laptops of Las Vegas Massacre Eyewitnesses
( Infowars ) Workers at the Route 91 festival during which Stephen Paddock unleashed his massacre have reportedly been given back their phones and laptops by the FBI only to discover that all messages and videos from the night of the attack have been wiped clean.
According to a Las Vegas resident who posted a status update on Facebook, “A bunch of people that worked the Route 91 said they got their cell phones back today. They all said that all their phones are completely wiped clean! All messages and info from that weekend are completely gone. Anyone else experience this?”
“A few different people who were vendors there are all saying the same thing,” the woman later comments.
Later in the thread, a Route 91 worker confirms the story, commenting, “Of course. It’s an active federal crime scene. They can wipe it clean. I was the beverage manager for the entire event. My laptop is wiped clean.”