By Ian M. Smith
( Milo ) Illegal immigrants are reportedly canceling their food stamps en masse over fears of being deported, reports the Washington Post.
In an article titled “Immigrants are going hungry so Trump won’t deport them,” WaPo writer Caitlin Dewey cites New York-based SNAP Outreach Coordinator Luisa Fortin whose clients are “spooked by the political climate.”
The article reads:
Since mid-January, five of Fortin’s families have withdrawn from the SNAP program. Based on calls she gets from other clients, she fears more cancellations are imminent.
WaPo goes on to point out that Luisa’s food bank in Chattanooga is not the only one in the country experiencing a downturn in SNAP users.
In the two months since President Trump’s inauguration, food banks and hunger advocates around the country have noticed a decline in the number of eligible immigrants applying for SNAP – and an uptick in immigrants seeking to withdraw from the program.
Many apparently fear that participation in SNAP will catch Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s attention.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that 1.5 million illegal immigrants used food stamps in 2015.
FOR TRUMP: COMMON SENSE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION SOLUTION- BUILD THE WALL, NO CITIZENSHIP FOR 25-40 YEARS ( MEANS NO VOTING FOR THEM ), AND DEPORT ONLY CRIMINALS
Illegal immigration is a problem. But it’s a problem because of open border policy and missing walls where desperate and destitute people from down south would see as an opportunity to take advantage because in their eyes America is still the land of opportunity and they would starve, face death and brave all kinds of consequences just to get here and get a taste of the American Dream.
You can’t stop a leak by whining about the water gushing and not calling the plumber to fix it. The lack of walls is the leak that’s why we have to build the wall as top priority. Reagan gave amnesty to illegals but did not fix the leak that’s why the flood continues. Let’s fix the leak and solve our illegal immigration problem.
Three common sense solutions to illegal immigration problem:
1. BUILD THE WALL
- The estimated cost is $8 – $10 billion to build a wall along roughly 2,000 miles of U.S.-Mexico border. Rich people live in gated communities because they want to secure themselves from intruders. America is a rich country with poor neighboring countries down south and only a physical barrier can stop the flood of intruders in the country.
2. GREEN CARD FOR 25 YEARS, NO TO CITIZENSHIP TIL THEN
- Illegals know they broke the law and I believe they will take ANY punishment but deportation.
- If you tell them they have to pay a price for their crime and that price is to become Permanent Resident ( a.k.a. Green Card ) for 25-40 years, I bet they will gladly take it.
- NOTE: PERMANENT RESIDENTS ( Green Card ) CANNOT VOTE. This 25-40 year Green Card status will make illegals USELESS to Democrat Party who are fawning and feigning concerns for them when in fact they only want one thing – the Hispanic vote. If you neuter the Democrats in this area they will drop the illegals like a hot enchilada.
3. TO THOSE WHO WANT CITIZENSHIP, SEND THEM BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY AND LET THEM WAIT JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.
- If they want to become citizen, send them back to their country and let them wait for two years before they can come back. And when they get here, instead of normal two-year green card visa before citizenship, let them wait 10 years before they can apply for citizenship.
4. DEPORT ILLEGALS WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS
- Even Hispanics agree with this. It embarrass them to hear news about crimes committed by illegals and being associated with them. It doesn’t boost their self-esteem at all.
The problem is here. The leak caused the flood but even after we fix the leak, we still have to mop up the water, clean up the floor and get the room back in order.
“Donald Trump is not a racist.”
Watch the video.
SHAMELESS CALL FOR VOTE FRAUD BY BILL CLINTON, TOLD ILLEGALS TO VOTE THIS NOVEMBER…DEMOCRAT PARTY WHERE LYIN’ AND CHEATING AND VOTE FRAUD JUST THE NORM!
August 02, 2016, 03:34 pm
Bill Clinton’s call for mass voter fraud should be condemned
Illegal aliens have never had more incentives and ability to vote in our elections as they do this cycle. After being told by the globalist elite they’re illegal entry into the country is without consequence, helps rather than hinders American workers, and unites the national culture, any existing moral qualms of further violating the law, such as by voting, have been thoroughly scrubbed away. Former president Bill Clinton all but ensured this in his speech at the DNC Convention last week.
Speaking directly to illegal aliens, Clinton stated to an applauding audience of delegates that “if you love this country, you’re working hard, you’re paying taxes and you’re obeying the law and you’d like to become a citizen, you should choose immigration reform over somebody that wants to send you back.” Unfortunately for Bill, illegal aliens (and non-citizens in general) aren’t supposed to be ‘choosing’ anyone. Like in every other country in the world, here in America only citizens are supposed to vote.