A mob of 40 to 60 youths invaded the Oakland BART train station Saturday night, robbing and beating surprised passengers.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports:
According to a police officials, witnesses said 40 to 60 juveniles flooded the station, jumped the fare gates and rushed to the second-story train platform. Some of the robbers apparently held open the doors of a Dublin-bound train car while others streamed inside, confronting and robbing and in some cases beating riders.
The juveniles “committed multiple strong-arm robberies of bags and cell phones,” said a police summary prepared after the incident. “At least two victims suffered head/facial injuries requiring medical attention.”
Alicia Trost, a BART spokeswoman, said Monday that seven robberies had occurred — with victims losing a purse, a duffel bag and five phones. Six people were robbed inside the train car, with a seventh confronted on the platform, she said.
The attack was quick, police reported, and the teenagers were able to retreat from the station and vanish into the surrounding East Oakland neighborhood before BART officers could respond. The train that was hit was held for about 15 minutes as authorities investigated the crime and tended to the injured.
Oakland Crime Rate Report (California)
Oakland crime statistics report an overall upward trend in crime based on data from 14 years with violent crime increasing and property crime decreasing. Based on this trend, the crime rate in Oakland for 2017 is expected to be higher than in 2012.
The city violent crime rate for Oakland in 2012 was higher than the national violent crime rate average by 415.23% and the city property crime rate in Oakland was higher than the national property crime rate average by 132.27%.
In 2012 the city violent crime rate in Oakland was higher than the violent crime rate in California by 371.15% and the city property crime rate in Oakland was higher than the property crime rate in California by 140.73%.
( Gateway Pundit ) The wall is set to kick off in the San Diego border community of Otay Mesa, U.S. Customs and Border Protection confirmed Monday according to the San Diego Union Tribune. Although the construction is beginning with prototypes, there are documents revealing that wall construction will start in San Diego, CA.
S.D. Union Tribune reports:
The community is home to one of two border crossings in San Diego and will be the site where 20 chosen bidders will erect prototypes of the envisioned wall. Winners will be selected around June 1, the agency said.
While funding for the massive infrastructure project is still not set, up to 450 companies submitted designs last week. The agency’s bid said roughly 20 companies will be selected to build the prototypes — 30 feet long and up to 30 feet high.
The models will be built on a roughly quarter-mile strip of federal land within 120 feet of the border, said a U.S. official with knowledge of the plans quoted by the Associated Press.
Beyond just prototypes, CNN said it reviewed documents revealing that wall construction could start in San Diego. The initial $999-million request would fund 14 miles of new wall along the city’s border with Mexico, 28 miles of new levee wall barriers and six miles of new border wall in the Rio Grande Valley region. The request would also cover 14 miles of replacement fencing in San Diego, CNN said.
FEMINAZI RAGE INSIDE CALIFORNIA RESTAURANT AFTER MAN KISSES GIRLFRIEND ON FOREHEAD: ‘You’re sexually harassing me – you and that sl**!’ -VIDEO
- ‘You’re f****** your girlfriend in a public restaurant acting like a prostitute.
- ‘You’re sexually harassing me – you and that sl**.’
Scary! A California woman wearing a red San Francisco sweater caught on video ranting and raving inside a Santa Monica restaurant after seeing a man kissing his girlfriend on the forehead.
Someone made a comment on Daily Mail that this ‘has exhibited the exact same behavior towards most, if not all, of her former friends, acquaintances, peers etc. When she gets like this it has always been unprovoked, and she often attacked the person via social media or text messages while claiming to be the victim in the situation and that she will call the authorities’
The video starts with arguing with a cashier about the couple. The boyfriend filming the video tells the angry woman to leave, to which she replies: ‘Excuse me! This is a place where you eat, not where you make out. Go get a room!’
‘You’re a sl** – go make out outside. You’re a prostitute – don’t you have any manners? Why don’t you leave b****!’
She adds: ‘I can’t wait to report you to the police.’
As the woman approaches the couple, her boyfriend says: ‘Step the f*** back!’
The woman angrily shouts: ‘You’re f****** your girlfriend in a public restaurant acting like a prostitute.
‘You’re sexually harassing me – you and that sl**.’
She then turns to the cashier and says: ‘I want my money back.’
Turning to the couple again, the woman says: ‘Do you know how much I want to puke on both of you? You are the ugliest b**** I’ve ever seen – you look like a little boy.
As she begins to leave, she says to another man waiting by the door: ‘I’m an American – I’m from California. Go back to whatever…’
As the man tries to make her leave, she says: ‘Excuse me!’ and hits him with a stack of papers.
She adds: ‘Go back you retarded foreign assh***’ before finally leaving the restaurant.
Describing the incident on Reddit, the video poster said: ‘Last night my girlfriend of four years and I were waiting patiently for a lady to order her food at this restaurant in Santa Monica, and I had my arms around her from behind and maybe kissed her on the top of the head once or twice, but that was the extent of it.
‘Out of nowhere, the lady looks at us and exclaims emphatically how inappropriate [our] PDA was and how uncomfortable it was making her.
‘I thought she was joking because of how little we were actually making contact. I turned and kissed my girlfriend on the cheek and made a loud smack, and that’s where she really lost it.’
This is a comment from Daily Mail reader:
I know the woman in this video. Can confirm she has serious mental health problems, and has exhibited the exact same behavior towards most, if not all, of her former friends, acquaintances, peers etc. When she gets like this it has always been unprovoked, and she often attacked the person via social media or text messages while claiming to be the victim in the situation and that she will call the authorities. I don’t know of a single bridge she hasn’t burned over the last 4-5 years. The sad thing is she never had these outbursts before a few years ago and was a a very typical young person growing up. I haven’t heard anything from her for several years so I assumed she was getting the help she needed. Judging from this video it appears she isn’t, and just moved to southern California. Link – Woman freaks out at restaurant and accuses couple of having sex
The looney libs are upset that they did not destroy Ivanka’s business with their lame boycott. Their latest looney trick is a lawsuit against Ivanka filed by San Francisco-based retailer Modern Appealing Clothing. The suit wants to ban Ivanka’s products from being sold in California. Modern Appealing Clothing was founded in San Francisco by brother and sister Ben and Chris Ospital, with their mom, Jeri, in 1980.
Chris and Ben Ospital and their mom Jeri, having a “MAC” tea party
( Hollwood Reporter by) A class-action lawsuit against the first daughter’s company has been filed by San Francisco-based retailer Modern Appealing Clothing.
Although Ivanka Trump has distanced herself from her namesake brand, the business can’t seem to catch a break. The first daughter’s company has been sued by a San Francisco-based retailer over “unfair competition.”
Modern Appealing Clothing (MAC) has filed a class-action lawsuit against Ivanka Trump Marks LLC, claiming that the defendant has gained unfair advantage “from Donald J. Trump being the President of the United States and from Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared, working for the President of the Unites States,” according to court documents published by the International Business Times.
The suit was filed in the San Francisco Superior Court on Thursday.
The lawsuit says President Donald Trump and counselor Kellyanne Conway provided publicity for Ivanka’s lines and therefore helped boost its sales. Donald defended his daughter on Twitter, saying that Nordstrom was treating her unfairly when the retailer announced it would be dropping her line due to declining sales. Conway appeared on Fox & Friends in February and told viewers to “go buy Ivanka’s stuff.”
Online searches for Ivanka’s brand did increase in February, according to Refinery29, which cited a report from e-commerce aggregator Lyst. The brand’s sales increased by 346 percent from January to February and 557 percent in February compared to same period in 2016. Abigail Klem, president of the Ivanka Trump brand, also told Refinery29 that the brand has surged in the past six months.
Resale site ThredUP, however, reported that sellers are putting their Ivanka Trump products up at an increased rate.
The suit also asked for a restraining order that prevents the Ivanka Trump label from being sold in California. The doc read, “As a result of their unlawful acts, defendants have reaped and continue to reap unfair benefits and illegal profits at the expense of plaintiff MAC and the Class it seeks to represent.”
Modern Appealing Clothing was founded in San Francisco by brother and sister Ben and Chris Ospital, with their mom, Jeri, in 1980. MAC, which is described as “San Francisco’s fashion Wonderland,” has locations in Hayes Valley and Dogpatch.
A three-day human trafficking raids in California conducted by more than 30 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and task forces: 474 arrests, 28 children and 27 adults rescued.
The Sheriff for Los Angeles County, Jim McDonnell, said that nearly 70 percent of trafficked children are taken from foster care situations. “They’re looking for love, They’re looking for someone that cares about them. The pimp says that they’re going to give them this, then leads them down a path of destruction. But any family, any kind anywhere with the Internet can get involved in a situation where they think they’re meeting someone who cares about them on the web …and then from there could drug them and drag them into the life of this type of behavior. Enslave them, essentially”
More than 30 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and task forces, including the Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Task Force, participated in the third annual “Operation Reclaim and Rebuild” enforcement operation, according to a sheriff’s news release.
The statewide operation took place over the three-day period between last Thursday and Saturday.
In total, 474 arrests were made, including 142 males on solicitation charges, and 36 males on suspicion of pimping, according to figures provided by the Sheriff’s Department.
Additionally, 28 commercially and sexually exploited children and 27 adult victims were rescued.
“You are worthy of more. And we will work tirelessly with our partners … to provide you services and help you rebuild your life,” Sheriff Jim McDonnell said, addressing the victims during a news conference on Tuesday.
The minors who were recovered during the operation were being cared for by various children and family services agencies across the state, according to sheriff’s officials. The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking and the Saving Innocence organization were coordinating efforts to help victims in L.A. County.
CALEXIT: CALIFORNIA SECESSION ORGANIZERS TO COLLECT ALMOST 600,000 VOTES BY JULY IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR 2018 BALLOT…THIS JOKE IS THE BIGGEST ANTI-TRUMP LIBERAL TANTRUM EVER!
( Sacbee ) Backers of a proposed constitutional amendment seeking California’s secession from the U.S. can begin collecting voter signatures to qualify for the 2018 ballot, the secretary of state’s office said Thursday.
The so-called Calexit movement emerged within days of the upset presidential victory of Republican Donald Trump, who lost California by nearly 4.3 million votes. A recent Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that nearly one in three Californians support the state leaving the U.S.
Proponents have until July 25 to collect 585,407 valid voter signatures to qualify for the November 2018 ballot.
The proposed measure would strike language from the California Constitution defining the state as “an inseparable part of the United States of America, and the United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land.” If it passed, there would be a statewide special election in March 2019 to ask voters if they want California to become an independent country.
HISTORIC PIONEER CABIN TREE TOPPLED BY STORM, CALIFORNIA’S GIANT SEQUIOA WAS HOLLOWED OUT IN 1880s AS TUNNEL FOR CARS AND TOURISTS
The historic Pioneer Cabin Tree, a former “drive-through” giant sequoia in Calaveras Big Trees State Park in Calaveras County, was felled in California’s weekend storms.
The tree was hollowed out in the 1880s to allow tourists to pass through it, and even allowed cars, but more recently has hosted only hikers. It was part of the “Big Trees Trail” at the state park.
Jim Allday of Arnold is a volunteer at the park who was working there Sunday. He said the tree went down about 2 p.m. and “shattered” on impact. He said people had been walking through the tree as recently as Sunday.
It’s not clear why the tree fell, but probably had to do with the giant sequoia’s shallow root system — the roots only go about two or four feet deep — and the fact that the trail around the tree was flooded due to rain.
“When I went out there (Sunday afternoon), the trail was literally a river, the trail is washed out,” Allday said. “I could see the tree on the ground, it looked like it was laying in a pond or lake with a river running through it.”
The tree had been among the most popular features of the state park since the late 1800s. The tunnel had graffiti dating to the 1800s, when visitors were encouraged to etch their names into the bark.