- Jahed Choudhury and Sean Rogan married in Walsall, in one of the UK’s first same-sex marriages involving a Muslim partner.
- Footage showed the couple dressed in traditional Bangladeshi attire to say their vows while surrounded by loved ones at the town’s registry office.
Mr Choudhury, 24, told the Express and Star he felt like the “black sheep” of his Bangladeshi Muslim family, being bullied at school, attacked by other Muslims and banned from his local mosque.
He said he attempted to change his sexual orientation and went on religious pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh but became suicidal and attempted to kill himself before meeting Mr Rogan.
They started living together in 2015 and Mr Choudhury proposed on his husband’s birthday last year.
Mr Choudhury said: “This is about showing people I don’t care, my family doesn’t want to come on the day, they just don’t want to see it, it’s too embarrassing for them.
“They think it’s a disease and can be cured, some of my family still call it a phase.
The Muslim Council of Britain, which represents more than 500 organisations and mosques, was among the religious bodies including the Church of England opposing the legalisation of same-sex marriage in England and Wales in 2013.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of posting an offensive Facebook post about the London Finsbury Park attack.
Police said a 37-year-old, believed to be the son of an owner of the Rhondda Cynon Taff company whose van was used in Monday’s attack, is in custody.
Richard Evans allegedly posted: “It’s a shame they don’t hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then.”
3-MONTH-OLD ‘TERRORIST’ BABY INTERVIEWED AT US EMBABASSY AFTER GRANDFATHER ACCIDENTALLY CHECKED ‘YES’ ON TERROR QUESTION
For real? A three-month old British baby called to appear in US embassy for interview after grandfather accidentally checked ‘yes’ to question related to terrorism, espionage and genocide.
A three-month old British ‘terrorist’ baby was summoned to the US embassy for an interview, after his grandfather accidentally ticked the wrong box on a visa form.
Paul Kenyon was filling out his grandson’s visa waiver form before the family went to Orlando, Florida when he accidentally ticked yes for the question, “Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?”
Kenyon only realized his mistake when the baby was refused a visa.
“I couldn’t believe that they couldn’t see it was a genuine mistake and that a three-month-old baby would be no harm to anyone,” Kenyon was quoted as saying.
The baby was brought to the London embassy to meet with officials. The round trip from Cheshire to London and back took about 10 hours, longer than the flight to Florida.
“I thought about taking him along in an orange jumpsuit, but thought better of it,” said Kenyon. “They didn’t appear to have a sense of humor over it at all and couldn’t see the funny side.”
“He’s obviously never engaged in genocide, or espionage, but he has sabotaged quite a few nappies in his time, though I didn’t tell them that at the US embassy,” he said.
Harvey’s new visa didn’t arrive on time and he and his parents had to book new flights to join the rest of the family in Florida a few days later.
“If you were a terrorist, I suspect you’d not be ticking yes on the ESTA form anyway,” Kenyon pointed out.
- Muslim pupils outnumber Christian children in more than 30 church schools, including one Church of England primary school that has a “100% Muslim population.” — Sunday Times.
- Six Muslim men shouted “Allahu Akbar” as they were sentenced at Sheffield Crown Court for a total of 81 years for sexually abusing two girls — including one who became pregnant at age 12 — in Rotherham.
February 22. Jamal al-Harith, a 50-year-old British convert to Islam, blew himself up at an Iraqi army base in Mosul on February 20. He had received £1 million (€1.1 million; $1.2 million) in compensation from the British government after being freed from Guantánamo Bay in 2004
February 28. Patrick Kabele, a 32-year-old convert to Islam, was found guilty of preparing terrorist acts — namely attempting to travel to Syria — contrary to the 2006 Terrorism Act. During his trial, jurors at Woolwich Crown Court heard how Kabele, from Willesden in North London, tried to join the Islamic State in Syria, where he wanted to buy a “nine-year-old virgin, the younger the better.”
BRITISH MUSLIM COUNCIL: “It’s up to white British citizens to integrate with Muslims, NOT the other way around”…EX-BRITISH PM DAVID CAMERON SAID SAME THING!
- British PM David Cameron: Not for the first time, I found myself thinking that it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around.
- White people must play a role in integration too
- Forced marriages, female genital mutilation, honour killings and other similar cultural practices have no place in modern Britain, and thousands of victims suffer from these horrific crimes – crimes that remain hugely under-reported.
- It also says children should be taught British values in schools.
The Guadian 2007 opinion piece by former British Prime Minister David Cameron:
What I learnt from my stay with a Muslim family by
Not for the first time, I found myself thinking that it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around.
This 2016, the Muslim Council of Britain is repeating what Cameron said. White people must play a role in integration too
Miqdaad Versi, assistant secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, has struck back after latest review by government’s community cohesion tsar Louise Casey. Accusing the government of serious failings in its approach to social cohesion, the government’s integration tsar said efforts had been squeezed since 2010, with leaders “falling well below the stated ambition to ‘do more than any other government before us to promote integration’”.
But Miqdaad Versi, writing for The Guardian, claims that Casey is wrong to blame Muslim communities.
Casey’s review is right to be frank and open about the challenges we face. Forced marriages, female genital mutilation, honour killings and other similar cultural practices have no place in modern Britain, and thousands of victims suffer from these horrific crimes – crimes that remain hugely under-reported. And the presence of misogyny, discrimination, homophobia and sectarianism within many socially conservative religious societies is an important challenge that cannot be ignored.
Many of her robust recommendations, therefore, are important and timely: a new programme to help community cohesion including the promotion of English language and measures to tackle exclusion, inequality and segregation in schooling.
Her report recommends a major new strategy to help bridge divides in UK towns and villages, with an “integration oath” to encourage immigrants to embrace British values, more focus on promoting the English language, encouraging social mixing among young people, and securing “women’s emancipation in communities where they are being held back by regressive cultural practices”.
It also says children should be taught British values in schools.
MUSLIM SEGREGATION IN BRITAIN: THE NEW FACE OF ENGLAND WHERE MUSLIM COMMUNITIES SHOW NO ASSIMILATION BUT CONTENT WITH SEGREGATION…ANOTHER MULTI-CULTURALISM FLOP?
- increasing isolation of some communities can lead to the encouragement of religious and cultural practices that are not only contrary to British values but sometimes British Law.
- ‘Sometimes, you get a look that says ‘Why are you here?’ They don’t get white people who want to live here.‘The younger generation are more intolerant than the older people.’
- Public institutions have ‘swept problems under the carpet’ rather than confronting them – scuppering opportunities to tackle terror sympathisers, hate preachers, criminal gangs and paedophiles.
( Daily Mail ) What a strange thing it is to stand in a street in Britain asking someone if they know of a white family living in the neighbourhood.
This is liberal, multi-cultural Britain of the early 21st century, after all, not apartheid South Africa.One would imagine that people of all races in this country mix, to some extent at least, in all towns and cities.
READ MORE: On the front line of segregation Britain: NEIL TWEEDIE visits a Blackburn dominated by hilltop mosques and afflicted by ‘worrying levels’ of division as report slams ‘right-on’ for turning a blind eye
Blackburn in 1956