MISSING 1-YEAR-OLD GIRL FOUND DEAD STUFFED IN A COUCH OF HER HOME WITH 15 SQUATTERS

Posted on

 

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE – Authorities are calling the death of a missing baby girl in southwest suburban Joliet “suspicious,” but are not yet calling it a homicide.

The Will County sheriff’s office and FBI executed a search warrant about 11 p.m. Wednesday at the home in the 300 block of Louis Road in Joliet Township, and reportedly found the body of 1-year-old Semaj Crosby about an hour later stuffed in a couch.

Deputy Chief Rick Ackerson described the conditions of the home as “deplorable” at a press conference Thursday morning.

An autopsy on Thursday did not rule on Semaj’s cause and manner of death, with results pending further investigation. While Ackerson called Semaj’s death “suspicious,” it has not been ruled a homicide.

Between five and 15 people live in the home at any given time, most of whom are “squatters,” Ackerson said. Three children between the ages of 16 months and 13 years, including Semaj, live in the home with their mother. DCFS will decide if the children stay in the home.

Read more: Missing 1-year-old Joliet girl found dead

BERKELEY PROTEST: 6 ARRESTED, ANN COULTER CANCELLED TALK AFTER LAST CONSERVATIVE SPONSOR QUIT

Posted on

Coulter appeared on Fox News Channel on Wednesday and denounced the university for canceling her talk

 

( Fox News ) Hundreds of people gathered Thursday near the University of California, Berkeley campus to protest a canceled appearance by conservative speaker Ann Coulter, with at least 6 arrests reported so far.

University police erected barricades and refused to let any protesters enter the campus. At least 6 people were arrested — one for obstructing an officer and wearing a mask to evade police, and another for possessing a knife, Berkeley police Officer Byron White told the Associated Press.

Police in riot gear had prepared for possible violence between supporters and opponents of Coulter, but there were no major confrontations as the raucous rally wrapped up in the late afternoon.

Coulter told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Thursday that Berkeley claimed the threat of violence is what led to the cancellation, but she’s not buying it.

 

Read more: Berkeley protests: Hundreds rally after Coulter talk canceled, at least 6 arrested | Fox News

 

Ann Coulter explains why she finally had to cancel her Berkeley speech. Coulter tells Tucker Carlsonthe writing was finally on the wall when Young America’s Foundation, a conservative youth organization, pulled its support.’


 

Story below:

 

( Fox News ) Conservative commentator Ann Coulter joined Tucker Carlson tonight to react to her canceled speech at the University of California-Berkeley.

Coulter confirmed that she was forced to cancel the scheduled Thursday speech on illegal immigration amid threats of violent protests.

She told Tucker that the university kept changing the conditions and details of the event, even attempting to postpone it until next month.

“They were hoping I would cancel,” she said.

She said the writing was finally on the wall when Young America’s Foundation, a conservative youth organization, pulled its support.

“My allies turned tail and ran at the last minute, when I think we were about to achieve total victory,” Coulter said. “I didn’t have any sponsors, I didn’t have Berkeley. … Berkeley canceled, my sponsors acquiesced.”

 

 

 

Supporters of Ann Coulter hold signs and flags one day after the Berkeley campus canceled her appearance there for fear of violent protests

 

 

Police say they are preparing to monitor events through the evening in case protests deteriorate into violence

 

 

Berkeley police arrest six as campus tensions simmer

VIDEO: GIRL, 12, SAVAGELY BEATEN INSIDE CROSBY MIDDLE SCHOOL BATHROOM AFTER SHE SAT AT ATTACKER’S CLASSROOM SEAT

Posted on

 

 

  • confrontation started in a class that both students are in, after their daughter had sat in her attacker’s seat.
  • daughter suffered various head wounds and a shoulder separation, and has an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon
  • the school has the highest number of suspensions among JCPS middle schools

 

Hollie King (pictured), the girl's mother, said her daughter suffered a separated shoulder in the beating

 

Hollie King, the girl’s mother, told Wave3 the extent of injuries her 12-year-old. Story below:

 


 

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Parents are taking action against the Jefferson County Public School system, after a video surfaced of a heinous attack on their young child.

>> Watch the video: (Warning: video may be disturbing to some)

The King family, represented by Teddy Gordon, called a press conference Wednesday, at which they spoke about what happened to their 12 year-old daughter. The Kings will join seven other families from Crosby Middle School that are already part of a pending lawsuit against the school system. Filed in December, the lawsuit alleges that school leaders and the Crosby Middle school administration continue to allow bullying in middle school.

The Kings say their daughter was attacked on April 14 at about 11 a.m. inside one of  the middle school’s bathrooms, but the Kings said they weren’t informed of the incident until Monday — 10 days later — and weren’t shown the video until Wednesday. They took their daughter to the emergency room as soon as they saw the extent of the attack and filed a police report.

“When I took her to the emergency room, they told me she’s lucky she didn’t have internal brain bleeding,” said the girl’s mother, Hollie King.

Instead, King’s daughter suffered various head wounds and a shoulder separation, and has an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Thursday. The girl’s parents said she is also fearful that her attacker will be back in the classroom with her.

Gordon said if the student seen attacking the girl in the video is let back into school, they will pursue a restraining order against her. The Kings said the initial confrontation started in a class that both students are in, after their daughter had sat in her attacker’s seat.

Teddy Gordon is not only asking for a state takeover of Crosby Middle School, but also for increased Louisville Metro police presence and additional security.

“No children, no grandchildren are safe at Crosby Middle,” Gordon said.

WAVE 3 News obtained documents that reveal the school has the highest number of suspensions among JCPS middle schools. As of February, Crosby Middle School had 421 suspensions, the next highest middle school is Westport Middle School with 380. Suspensions across the district have increased by 16 percent.

The amendment to the lawsuit will be filed on Wednesday

 

The shocking moment a 12-year-old girl was bashed in a school bathroom by a bully has been captured on cameraThe shocking moment a 12-year-old girl was bashed in a school bathroom by a bully has been captured on camera

 

TRUMP PLANS TO SPLIT LIBERAL 9TH CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS

Posted on

Good! President Trump says he “absolutely” considered breaking up the liberal West Coast-based 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

 

From the Washington Examiner:

“Sanctuary cities have been very, very dangerous, very, very bad. And, you know, we’ve done a great job on law enforcement, we’ve done a great job at the border,” Trump said. “And all of our most talented people say sanctuary cities are a disaster.”

“Absolutely, I have,” Trump said of considering 9th Circuit breakup proposals during a far-ranging interview with the Washington Examiner at the White House. “There are many people that want to break up the 9th Circuit. It’s outrageous.”

“You see judge shopping, or what’s gone on with these people, they immediately run to the 9th Circuit,” Trump said. “It’s got close to an 80 percent reversal period, and what’s going on in the 9th Circuit is a shame.”

 

MELANIA TRUMP WEARS MILITARY-INSPIRED JACKET AS THE FIRST COUPLE GREET ARGENTINA’S PRESIDENT AND HIS FASHIONISTA FIRST LADY JULIANA AWADA AT THE WHITE HOUSE

Posted on

Melania posed in between Macri and Trump while they posed for photos in front of the South Lawn entrance  

 

( Daily Mail ) First Lady Melania Trump may be known for choosing simple yet elegant designer frocks, but on Thursday she opted for a more daring olive green ensemble for her latest meet and greet at the White House.

The 47-year-old wife of President Donald Trump donned a military-inspired jacket and matching skirt from the Altuzarra Spring 2017 runway collection as she and her husband met with Argentine President Mauricio Macri and his wife Juliana Awada in Washington, D.C.

The designer’s ‘Feday’ gabardine military jacket with python-print piping costs a whopping $2,995, while the matching skirt featuring asymmetrical buttons added another $1,120 to the price of the $4,115 ensemble.

According to Net-a-Porter, the python piping on the khaki green ensemble was actually inspired by a jacket worn by actor Nicholas Cage in the David Lynch film Wild at Heart.

Melania accessorized her edgy out fit with a pair of python Manolo Blahnik BB pumps – which retail for around $595 per pair – to match the piping on her jacket and skirt.

Although she switched up of her style for her latest meeting, she struck to her trademark hairstyle, wearing her caramel-colored hair in loose waves around her shoulders.

Meanwhile, the First Lady of Argentina stunned in a fire-engine red pencil dress featuring a peplum design at her hips.

Juliana, 43, opted for a monochromatic look, wearing a red patent leather clutch and red suede and patent leather pumps by Aquazzura, which retail for $695.

Awkwardly, Aquazzura is currently in the midst of a legal battle with Trump’s eldest daughter Ivanka Trump, as the high-end brand accused her of ripping off its designs for her eponymous fashion label.

Read more: Fashion face-off! First Lady Melania Trump makes a statement in a $4,100 military-inspired suit as the Argentine president’s wife wears the label that is suing Ivanka’s fashion line

 

 

Melanie looked stoic while reporters crowded behind the couch that she was sitting on in the Oval Office

 

 

 

Trump is pictured speaking with their guests in the Colonnade as Melania led the way in her olive green suit 

 

 

Both first ladies sat posed with their legs crossed and their hands folded in their laps in the Oval Office 

 

 

 

Melania wore her caramel-colored hair in loose waves around her shoulders for the meeting 

 

 

 

The two women smiled at one another at one point, while perched on their own individual sofas

 

 

At one point, both Juliana and Melania were photographed walking ahead of their husbands 

 

 

 

ARSONIST ROGER FRALEY AT TRUMP INTERNATIONAL HOTEL IN LAS VEGAS ARRESTED, POLICE CLAIM NOT POLITICALLY MOTIVATED

Posted on Updated on

Roger Fraley (Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department)

 

UPDATE: Police: Trump hotel arson suspect not ‘politically motivated’ –

A man accused of trying to set two fires inside the Trump International Hotel on Wednesday was not “politically motivated,” according to the Metropolitan Police Department.

Roger Fraley, 28, was booked Thursday into the Clark County Detention Center. He is accused of leaving two toasters filled with towels and paper products in a women’s bathroom on the pool deck and on the 17th floor of the hotel in an attempt to start fires.

….Fraley’s Facebook page lists him as the CEO of Rojay Rabbit, a business that teaches customers “stealth social matrix hacking techniques” and encourages them to “see how far the rabbit hole goes.”

 


 

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, cloud, skyscraper and outdoor

 

( RJ ) A man was taken into custody Wednesday night after arson investigators found devices set to start two separate fires to Trump International.

The suspected arsonist is facing charges of first-degree arson and burglary, Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Steve Summers said.

The fires brought more than 45 Clark County Fire Department personnel, arson investigators and Metro detectives to the hotel bearing the president’s name.

Just after 5 p.m., the Fire Department was dispatched to the hotel at 2000 Fashion Show Drive, for reports of two separate fires at the same time. Arriving firefighters found one small fire in a women’s pool deck restroom and another in the hallway of the 17th floor, the Fire Department said.

The fire on the 17th floor was extinguished by hotel security personnel and was confined to two toasters and some towels. Firefighters extinguished the fire in the restroom. The pool deck fire was also confined to two toasters and “various combustible materials,” the Fire Department said.

By 6 p.m., the Fire Department confirmed both fires were out and smoke was being cleared.

Fire Department spokesman John Steinbeck said the multiple devices were placed intentionally to start the fires.

Read more: 1 in custody after fires set at Trump International

 

Authorities investigate a a small bathroom fire at Trump International in Las Vegas on Wednesday, April 26, 2017. (Chade Stevens/Las Vegas Review-Journal)

GOP JASON CHAFFETZ EMERGENCY LEAVE DUE TO IMMEDIATE MEDICAL SURGERY

Posted on

Jason Chaffetz (Getty Images)

 

( Daily Caller ) House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Jason Chaffetz could potentially be unable to work for up to a month due to a medical emergency.

Chaffetz took to Instagram Wednesday to announce doctors at the University of Utah recommended immediate surgery on his foot to prevent a serious infection caused by screws from a former injury.

“Almost 12 years ago, I shattered several bones in my foot which required 14 screws and a metal plate to repair,” he said in the caption. “Yes, I wish I could say I was cliff diving in Mexico but the truth is I fell off a ladder while repairing something in my garage.”

Read more: Chaffetz Potentially Out For Weeks Due To Medical Emergency