OBAMA MOCKED TRUMP JOBS BOOM PROMISE! 298,000 JOBS CREATED IN FEBRUARY BIGGEST SURGE IN 6 YEARS, MORE THAN EXPECTED
Obama mocked Trump last June on his promise of bringing back jobs, ‘What magic wand do you have?’ Hey Obama, looks like Trump has a magic wand because jobs are booming left and right. As what Trump tweeted after ADP jobs report:
‘Great news. We are only just beginning. Together, we are going to
- U.S. companies added a whopping 298,000 new jobs in February, beating economists’ expectations by more than 100,000.
- January’s new-jobs numbers were also revised upward on Wednesday from 246,000 to 261,000.
- Total private payrolls increased an eye-popping 298,000 in the month, beating the consensus forecast for a 180,000 rise, and outpacing the strong 261,000 increase in January, which was revised up from the initial figure.
- It was the biggest increase in private employment since April 2011.
- But the highlight of the data was the goods-producing industries which posted the biggest increase in the history of the report, going back to April 2002. The sector added 106,000 workers last month, while services firms increased 193,000.
- ADP reported a gain of 32,000 manufacturing jobs, taking the sector to its highest level since January 2009.
- The ADP National Employment Report showed on Wednesday that private payrolls grew by 298,000 jobs last month, the largest increase since December 2015. The gain was well above economists’ expectations for a 190,000 increase.
- Construction payrolls jumped by 66,000 jobs last month, the sector’s second largest gain since the ADP series started 15 years ago. The surge likely reflected unseasonably mild weather that kept crews at building sites.
FLASHBACK! In June 2016, Obama mocked Trump about the Carrier Corp jobs in Indiana.
“When somebody says like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back. Well how exectly are you going to do that? What are you going to do? There’s uh-uh no answer to it. He just says. “I’m going to negotiate a better deal.” Well how? How exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.