LIST OF ‘FAKE NEWS’ BY PROFESSOR Melissa Zimdars INCLUDE DRUDGE, BREITBART, ZEROHEDGE, INFOWARS AND THIS WEBSITE AS GOOGLE, FACEBOOK CHANGE POLICY ON ADS…DIDN’T THE MSM MEDIA RAN A LOT OF FAKE NEWS ON TRUMP DURING ELECTION? FROM RIGGED POLLS TO FAKE SCANDALS? REMEMBER :)
- HER TIP WHAT’S F’AKE NEWS’? If the story makes you REALLY ANGRY it’s probably a good idea to keep reading about the topic via other sources to make sure the story you read wasn’t purposefully trying to make you angry (with potentially misleading or false information) in order to generate shares and ad revenue. – NOTE: ONLY A WOMAN WILL BASE VALIDITY OF THE NEWS ON HER EMOTIONS. EMOTIONAL OPINION IS NEVER VALID!
LIST OF ‘FAKE NEWS’ BY PROFESSOR Melissa Zimdars INCLUDE DRUDGE, BREITBART, ZEROHEDGE, INFOWARS, TWITCHY AFTER GOOGLE AND FACEBOOK CHANGE POLICY ON ADS…DIDN’T THE MSM MEDIA RAN A LOT OF FAKE NEWS ON TRUMP DURING ELECTION? FROM RIGGED POLLS TO FAKE SCANDALS? REMEMBER🙂 SHOULD WE BAN THEM TOO?
Google, Facebook and Twitter announced changes this week.
Both Facebook and Google have announced that they are curbing the searchability of phony news across their platforms.
Google said they would stop fake and misleading websites from utilizing the company’s ad-selling software, stopping their revenue.
Twitter also announced Tuesday that it would update its “mute” function for users to hide content they do not want to see.
After an article from this website went viral and made it to the top of Google search engine for relevant news, a really bizarre reaction from the angry left reached the point of lunacy where they dragged and blamed Google because of their algorithm. Facebook also under fire for allegedly ‘influencing’ the election, which Zuckerberg denied. Google now plan to remove ads from what they consider as ‘fake news’.
Remember the blatant media bias during election, didn’t they publish a lot of fake news about Trump and IGNORE news about Hillary like her health and Wikileaks ? So who’s promoting fake news here? No wonder the establishment media has credibility problem. They know majority of Americans no longer believe them or follow them. If their solution is to ban competition by denying freedom of speech, they better remember we are not in Cuba, Venezuela or North Korea. Plus, we got Trump as our President. Cut the lunacy.
A far left Massachusetts professor Melissa Zimdars has compiled a list of “fake and misleading” news websites. Below are her tips how to ‘spot’ them.
Tips for analyzing news sources:
- Avoid websites that end in “lo” ex: Newslo (above). These sites take pieces of accurate information and then packaging that information with other false or misleading “facts” (sometimes for the purposes of satire or comedy).
- Watch out for websites that end in “.com.co” as they are often fake versions of real news sources
- Watch out if known/reputable news sites are not also reporting on the story. Sometimes lack of coverage is the result of corporate media bias and other factors, but there should typically be more than one source reporting on a topic or event.
- Odd domain names generally equal odd and rarely truthful news.
- Lack of author attribution may, but not always, signify that the news story is suspect and requires verification.
- Some news organizations are also letting bloggers post under the banner of particular news brands; however, many of these posts do not go through the same editing process (ex: BuzzFeed Community Posts, Kinja blogs, Forbes blogs).
- Check the “About Us” tab on websites or look up the website on Snopes or Wikipedia for more information about the source.
- Bad web design and use of ALL CAPS can also be a sign that the source you’re looking at should be verified and/or read in conjunction with other sources.
- If the story makes you REALLY ANGRY it’s probably a good idea to keep reading about the topic via other sources to make sure the story you read wasn’t purposefully trying to make you angry (with potentially misleading or false information) in order to generate shares and ad revenue.
- It’s always best to read multiple sources of information to get a variety of viewpoints and media frames. Some sources not yet included in this list (although their practices at times may qualify them for addition), such as The Daily Kos, The Huffington Post, and Fox News, vacillate between providing important, legitimate, problematic, and/or hyperbolic news coverage, requiring readers and viewers to verify and contextualize information with other sources.
Here is the list— Notice the prominent conservative websites on the list, including: Breitbart, Infowars, Twitchy, The Blaze, Bizpac Review, etc.
|Daily Wire||News-Hound.com (1)||US.Blasting.News|
|DCClothesLine.com||NewsBiscuit.com (1)||US Uncut (3)|
|DCGazette.com (1)||Newslo (1, 4)||VeteransToday.com|
|DerfMagazine.com||NewsMutiny.com (1, 4)||*Website Removed*(temporarily)|
|DrudgeReport.com.co (1)||Newswatch 33||Winning Democrats|
|DuhProgressive.com||NoDisInfo.com||World Net Daily|
|Embols.com||Now8News||World News Daily Report (4)|
|Empire News (1)||Occupy Democrats (3)||ZeroHedge|