Thickened fluids reduce aspiration in individuals experiencing dysphagia or swallowing difficulties. Residents can develop dysphagia due to Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer irradiation, stroke, developmental disability, side effects of medication and dementia.
VIDEO FUELS HILLARY CLINTON’S PARKINSON’S DISEASE RUMOR- REFUSED TO DRINK FROM BOTTLED WATER DURING COUGHING FITS BECAUSE SHE CAN ONLY DRINK FROM GLASS WITH THICKENED WATER
Labor Day 2016 for Hillary was a public labor for her coughing lungs! Now a video of Hillary Clinton coughing yet refusing to drink from a bottled water got noticed on social media and raised another question why is that. When someone is coughing you drink the first available water but obviously Hillary can only drink from a glass prepared by her own team and not from a bottled water or from an outsider.
With this not so normal behavior, some people are saying this is proof that she has Parkinson’s, a neurological disease which causes excessive coughing and difficulty of swallowing – also known as dysphagia. And the way to manage dysphagia is to drink only THICKENED WATER.
- As a neurological disorder, Parkinson’s disease (PD) has been shown to affect motor skills in the limbs, inhibit muscle coordination, and sometimes contribute to dysphagia.1
- Dysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. Thickened liquids are often used in the management of dysphagia to improve bolus control and to help prevent aspiration. A range of starches and gums has historically been used to thicken liquids. Although thickened liquids improve swallow safety, they appear to have a great potential for unintended physiological consequences.
Thickening Agents for Dysphagia
Some common signs of dysphagia include:
- dribbling or drooling
- excessive coughing, spluttering and choking
- fear of swallowing
- frequent chest infections
- talking difficulties after swallowing
Common starch-based thickening agents for dysphagia are listed below:
Hillary Clinton’s team has cough drop ready for coughing fits.
- Hillary Clinton Has Parkinson’s Disease, Physician Confirms
- Pharmaceutical Exec: Hillary Clinton Has Parkinson’s Disease …
- Wikileaks E-Mails: Hillary Looked Into Parkinson’s Drug After …